Best Posts on Book Publishing Options
Publishing a book is easier now than it’s ever been—but it’s still not easy. So many options, so many variables. How do you choose?
To help, we’ve pulled together some of our best and most popular posts about publishing options.
You might also want to grab a free copy of The Author’s Guide to Publishing Options. Take the 10-question quiz inside and see where it points you.
And if there’s a burning question you still can’t find the answer to, you can always pop a note into the question box.
Let’s start with a review of the three main publishing models: royalty (traditional) publishing, self-publishing and subsidy publishing.
- Publishing: Are You Traditional?
- Do You Have What It Takes to Self-Publish?
- Subsidy Publishing: Managing the Minefield
Amazon has recently made big moves into publishing. Amazon is a royalty publisher but with some definite advantages over the usual model.
Is one publishing model better than the other? These posts give food for thought.
- Would You Turn Down a $500,000 Book Deal?
- “I’d Rather Pour Bleach in My Eyes,” or What You’re Up Against as a Self-Published Author
- Should You Self-Publish on Your Way to a Book Deal?